Please read below for the booking procedure, cancellation policy, and for setup and cleanup requirements.
- The Lake Mary Events Center takes bookings up to 18 months in advance. When making a reservation for 18 months in advance, booking opens the first business day of the month. Lake Mary City residents can book from 8:00 AM-2:00 PM on the first business day of the month. At 2:00 PM, booking opens for non-residents as well.
- Contracts signed 12-18 months prior to the event date are subject to a rate increase not to exceed 10% of the contracted rate. Rates are no longer subject to change within 364 days of the event date.
- Reservation requests are made on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the rental fee together with a signed facility use contract will secure an event date. Unless the reservation is made within thirty (30) days of the event date in which case, the total rental fee, 7% sales tax, and damage deposit would be due.
- The rental fee balance and damage deposit are due thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- If you are tax exempt, please inform staff prior to completing the contract. You will need to provide the proper paperwork, including your certificate of sales tax exemption. All State of Florida rules regarding this type of sale will be adhered to.
- Damage deposits, due thirty (30) days prior to the event, are deposited into the City’s General Fund. The damage deposit will be returned via City check, usually within six (6) weeks following the event. Deductions may be made for damage, excessive cleaning, or time used beyond the contracted period.
- Per City Resolution 838, in order to provide online payment service, all credit, debit and electronic check (E-check) transactions will be charged a convenience fee as follows:
- Credit/debit cards- $2.00 fee up to $50 payment, $2.95 fee for payment greater than $50 up to $100, plus $2.00 fee for each additional $100 amount or fraction thereof.
- Electronic Check (E-check)- $2.95 per transaction.
- Service fees on credit, debit and E-check payments will not be refunded.
- Courtesy holds may be accepted and held for a maximum of seven (7) days, at which time the hold may expire without notice. Courtesy holds may be made in person or by telephone. It is not guaranteed that customers with courtesy holds will be contacted by the reservations office prior to the expiration of the hold. Courtesy holds will expire on the seventh (7th) day of the hold. No courtesy holds will be accepted on the first business day of the month when booking 18 months in advance. Courtesy holds accepted within thirty (30) days of the desired event date can only be held for 48 hours.
- Floor plans and a list of requested equipment must be submitted to the reservations office no less than ten (10) days prior to the event. If a floor plan is not submitted ten (10) days prior to the event date, Events Center staff will begin setting up tables/chairs upon the rental party’s arrival, which could cut into rental time.
- The Lake Mary Events Center reserves the right to cancel the facility use contract if the rental fee balance and damage deposit are not paid when due, thirty (30) days prior to the event date.
- Please contact the reservations office at (407) 585-1490 or (407) 585-1497 to make your reservation, reschedule or cancel an event, or for additional facility information. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Reservations may be made in person Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM. It is recommended that you call to check on the availability of the building for tours.
Reservations are booked when the renter submits a signed facility use contract and fifty (50%) of the rental fee. Please read the schedule below to understand the percentage of the rental fee deposit that will be refunded if the booking is cancelled. All cancellations must be made in writing.
|TIME PERIOD BEFORE EVENT DATE||AMOUNT REFUNDED|
|18 months - 12 months||100% minus $100.00 administrative fee|
|12 months - 6 months||50% or $100 administrative fee, whichever is greater, will be charged|
|6 months - 0 months||No refund will be given|
The following is a list of additional equipment included with your rental at the Lake Mary Events Center. Please submit your floor plan to Events Center staff no less than ten (10) days prior to your event date. At the Lake Mary Events Center, multiple rooms are typically rented Monday-Friday. Please check availability of the following equipment with Events Center staff. Please contact an outside vendor for any other equipment your event requires.
(This is the proposed list of equipment. Some items may be subject to change; likewise, some items may be added, deleted, or require a nominal rental fee.)
|300 - Stacking chairs for indoor use only||6 - 72” (6’) x 30” Rectangular Tables|
|160 - Folding white chairs for ceremony use||3 - 48” (4’) Round Tables (i.e. cake)|
|28 - 72” (6’) Round Tables (Seats 8 - 10)||10 - 30” High-top Cocktail Tables|
|20 - 60” (5’) Round Tables (Seats 6 - 8)||1 - ½ 60” Round (i.e. sweetheart table)|
|8 - 96” (8’) x 30” Rectangular Tables||1 - Podium with/without Microphone|
|8 - 72” (6’) Serpentine Tables||3 - Highchairs|
A/V Equipment Rental Package
Use is complimentary to building renters.
|One(1) Projector Screen and One (1) LCD Projector||In Ballroom behind stage|
|One(1) Projector Screen and One (1) LCD Projector||In Ballroom on left wall - front|
|One(1) Projector Screen and One (1) LCD Projector||In Ballroom on left wall - back|
|One(1) Projector Screen and One (1) LCD Projector||In Meeting Room|
|All Four (4) Projector Screens and Four (4) LCD Projectors||In Grand Ballroom and Meeting Room|
|AV cart with 42” flat-screen TV, DVD||Portable - To be used in Rotunda or Conference Room|
Please contact an outside vendor for any other equipment your event requires.
* Renter is responsible for all cords and accessories. LMEC does not provide laptops, laptop cords, VGA cords, extension cords, etc.
Setup and Cleanup
- Use of the Events Center’s tables and chairs is included with your rental. Please see the available equipment section for specific quantities and dimensions.
- Events Center staff will set up tables, chairs, the podium, AV equipment, etc. You must submit a floor plan of your desired setup no less than ten (10) days before your rental period.
- For catered events, the caterer frequently will develop the floor plan and decorate for your event. It is up to the rental party to submit a floor plan to the Lake Mary Events Center no less than ten (10) days prior to your event. If a floor plan is not submitted ten (10) days prior to the event date, Events Center staff will begin setting up tables/chairs upon the rental party’s arrival, which could cut into rental time.
- For catered events where the caterer will provide setup/decoration, the caterer may coordinate with the Events Center manager if time outside of the rental period is needed for setup/decoration. This allowance must respect and not interfere with the rental periods of other guests.
- For non-catered events or events where the caterer will not provide setup/decoration, the rental period must include ALL time needed by the renter and vendors for decoration, setup in excess of table and chair arrangement, and cleanup.
- Decorations are permitted within reason. They must be approved by Event Center management no less than ten (10) days prior to your event.
- Tape, tacks, nails, staples, etc. are not permitted to attach your decorations.
- Glitter and other confetti-like decorations are prohibited.
- The rental facility must be returned to the condition it was provided to the renter.
- Tables and chairs must be cleared of all debris.
- All equipment and materials that are not Lake Mary Event Center property must be removed. The Events Center is not responsible for any materials left behind.
- Waste and all paper products must be placed in the dumpster.
- For catered events where the caterer will provide cleanup, the caterer may coordinate with Event Center management if time outside of the rental period is needed for cleanup. This allowance must respect and not interfere with the rental periods of other guests.
- For non-catered events or events where the caterer will not provide cleanup, the rental period must include ALL time needed by the renter and vendors for setup/decoration, cleanup and to remove all materials that are not Lake Mary Events Center property.